Monday, September 5, 2011

Is there any Illumina directional paired-end mRNA-seq assay?

Today I am looking for information about paired-end data and am wondering whether Illumina has directional paired-end assay. Throughout my search, I can't find any information.
A quick search in Illumina website: http://www.illumina.com/applications/sequencing/rna.ilmn#strand_specific_rna_seq, it was mentioned that: "The Directional mRNA-Seq Sample Prep protocol is an experimental application of Illumina technology, requiring Illumina small RNA sequencing primers and the mRNA-Seq Sample Prep kit. This protocol is compatible with single-read flow cells only."

I am not sure if this means that the directional mRNA-seq experiment only applicable for single-end read?

After searching through the website, I bumped into this website: http://microarrays.nki.nl/index.php?page=samples-seq. It was mentioned that:

"4) Single read libraries cannot be used on Paired End flowcells."
"5) Paired End libraries can be read on Single read flowcells for the first read only."

Now, I think that there is no directional paired-end mRNA-seq assay in Illumina. I might be wrong. Waiting for correction from anybody out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment